WINNER!! Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award 2020
MEDIA RELEASE MEDIA RELEASE MEDIA RELEASE
MURRAY HAVEN HOMES WINS MAJOR AWARD
Murray Haven Homes has won the prestigious Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award at the 2020 Regional Achievement and Community Awards.
Murray Haven Homes won the Award from a strong field of nominations.
The winners were announced on Friday 20th November during an Online Awards Presentation hosted by Harrison Lance, PRIME7 News.
Online viewers from across the State tuned in to celebrate NSW/ACT’s community achievers.
Murray Haven Homes of Barham have been in the community for 45 years and after a major extension, now have 55 beds and 80 staff. A key employer in the district, Murray Haven strives to be an employer of choice through innovation, flexible conditions, communication and caring work environment. Innovations include a new 40 place training centre and staff are provided with a monthly newsletter keeping them up to date with board outcomes and decisions. Recent staff initiatives include a flexible roster system that allows staff to be more in control of their rosters including the ability to swap shifts and regular staff satisfaction surveys.
The seven category winners are:
• The Cobargo Showground Land Manager – Department of Planning, Industry and Environment Crown Land Manager Excellence Award
• Kim MacDonald – Department of Planning, Industry and Environment Individual Excellence in Crown Land Management Award
• ProAgni – Prime Super Agricultural Innovation Award
• Broken Hill Skip Bins – Ricoh Australia Customer Service Award
• Murray Haven Homes – Prime Super Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award
• Suzanne Gearing – TransGrid Leadership Award
• Banjo Paterson…more than a Poet Museum – Awards Australia Connecting Communities Award
Six of the category winners received $1,000 cash plus a T$1,000 Bartercard Account and a trophy, the other category winner received Television exposure on PRIME7 and a trophy.
Christine Welsh was also announced as the winner of the People’s Choice Award and received an accommodation voucher from Fairmont Resort & Spa Blue Mountains.
Further information about Murray Haven Homes can be obtained by phoning the
Awards office on 1300 735 445 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The NSW/ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards began in 2002, with the purpose of encouraging, acknowledging, and rewarding the valuable contributions individuals, communities and businesses are making throughout regional New South Wales and the ACT. The awards create the opportunity to recognise their hard work and dedication and their contribution to the future of regional New South Wales.